|Seat CheckEvent Price$25||Certified InstallEvent Price$40||Certified InstallYour Location$50|
|Recall & Expiry Check||✔||✔||✔|
|Restraint & Harness Demo||✔||✔||✔|
|À La Carte Pricing|
|Additional Seat Installation||$20|
|ConsultationFREE||Shopping Consult$65||Shop & Install$85|
|Advice & Answers by Phone||✔||✔||✔|
|Recall & Expiry Check by Phone||✔||✔||✔|
|Full Safety Briefing||✔||✔|
|Assisted Shopping Trip - 60min||✔||✔|
|À La Carte Pricing|
|Additional 30min Shopping Time||$20|
Our CPSAC Certified Technicians are available for Group and Private events.
We can come out to your events, big or small, and offer car seat inspections (ensuring car seats are installed correctly) and teach your group how to properly install car seats based on the guideline set by the Ontario Ministry of Transportation and your vehicle manufacturer. Presentations and Lessons can be customized to suit your needs and tastes.
Why CPSAC Certified Installations?
CPSAC members are fully insured and promote child passenger safety through public education, advocacy and training in children's restraint systems. CPSAC is an organization of Canadian specialists who have come together to create a cohesive national program dedicated to the safety of children and youths while traveling in motor vehicles.
What is Special Healthcare Needs Transportation?
Most children with special healthcare needs can use car seats purchased at a regular store. However, sometimes medical concerns make regular car seats difficult to use. Autism, spina bifida and very low birth weight among other conditions can make it hard or impossible to use car seats that come off store shelves.
It is very important to speak with a Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST) that has completed their Special Needs training or your health care provider if regular car seats can not be used by your child for a medical reason.
Melissa Box, the owner Li'l Squirts, is a certified CPST and one of only a handful of Technicians in Canada that has completed the "Safe Travel for All Children: Transporting Children with Special Health Care Needs" course at the Philidelphia Children's Hospital.
Why is Proper Car Seat Installation Important?
• Motor vehicle collisions are the #1 cause of death by preventable injury for Canadian children ages 1 - 9.
• Car seats can reduce the risk of death by 71% for infants under age 1 and 54% for children ages 1 - 4.
• The Ministry of Transportation of Ontario have found that up to 80% of car seats are improperly installed.
What Are The Most Common Car Seat Mistakes?
• Child seat not tightly secured in the vehicle.
• Child seat not securely fastened in the seat.
• Tethers not used correctly, or used at all.
• Shoulder harness placed in the incorrect slot of the child seat.
• Child in the incorrect seat for his/her weight, height and age.